Hello Ard,
You are correct, the attributes are been duplicated.
I have pinpointed my problem to my form model generation alone (the form
template generated is working perfectly)... using the LogTransformer i could
see that the attributes are been duplicated... a snippet of the log is:

[startElement] uri=
http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition,local=booleanfield,raw=fd:booleanfield
[            ] 1. uri=,local=id,qname=id,type=CDATA,value=0
[            ] 2. uri=,local=required,qname=required,type=CDATA,value=true
[            ] 3. uri=,local=state,qname=state,type=CDATA,value=active
[characters]

[startElement] uri=
http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition,local=label,raw=fd:label
[characters]
[characters] q1
[characters]
[endElement] uri=
http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition,local=label,raw=fd:label
[characters]

[startElement] uri=
http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition,local=help,raw=fd:help
[characters] help for q1
[endElement] uri=
http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition,local=help,raw=fd:help
[characters]

[startElement] uri=
http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition,local=hint,raw=fd:hint
[characters] hint for q1
[endElement] uri=
http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition,local=hint,raw=fd:hint
[characters]

[endElement] uri=
http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition,local=booleanfield,raw=fd:booleanfield

Why is that happening and how can i correct it...
is the duplication of teh attributes my only problem? because when i remove
the above attribures(label, help, hint) the problem is still there
my jx generator for the form model is as follows:

  <jx:forEach var="question" items="${cocoon.session.getAttribute
('questions')}">
  <jx:choose>

 <jx:when test="${question.responseType == 'checkbox'}">
 <fd:booleanfield id="${question.ID}" required='${question.required}'
state='${question.state}'>
   <fd:label>     ${question.label} </fd:label>
   <fd:help>${question.help}</fd:help>
      <fd:hint>${question.hint}</fd:hint>

  </fd:booleanfield>

 </jx:when>