On 26.04.2007 18:02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am looking desperately for a way to use a JCA-conform ressourceadapter from
within my cocoon application.
Is there any known way to connect via such a ressource adapter for example
deployed on a BEA Welogic Server to a datasource.
Anything not using JCA is rejected by our company standards.

Cocoon has no direct support for JCA, but I don't think it needs it. You can use JCA though. It heavily depends on your overall architecture. For JCA you need a so called managed environment. When you use Bea Weblogic you probably have one and you can use its transaction and connection management capabilities. The most standard way is to retrieve such a managed datasource via JNDI and nothing prevents you doing this inside Cocoon. But personally I prefer a clearer separation between a web layer (Cocoon) and a service layer (your services developed maybe as EJBs), where on the services the transaction boundaries are demarcated.

I set up such a system with a more light-weight environment without a full-blown JEE container. Cocoon is used in the web layer, Spring in the service layer, Geronimo Connector and Geronimo Transaction for connection and transaction management and Jencks for the integration of the Geronimo stuff into Spring.

So while Cocoon has no special support of or integration with JCA, you can use it though.

Hope it helps,
Joerg