Marc Portier wrote:

Jason Johnston wrote:
Dev at weitling wrote:
Hi folks,

I want to reach the higher level of cform binding zen, but can't find
enough information.
The questions bothering me are at least:
- What does e.g. <fb:value id="id" path="@id"/> mean? Does it make any
sense in Java-binding?

I believe that in Java binding, path="id" and path="@id" are equivalent.

they are not

the id attribute points to the id of the widget in the form_model
the path attribute points to the structure of the business_model (bean
or XML)

I think you misread me, I did not mention the id="" attribute anywhere.

<fb:value id="id" path="@id" /> will thus be executed

1/ during LOAD as (expressed in something js-like)

widget      = currentContextWidget.lookupWidget('id');
beanContext = currentJXPathContext.getContext('@id');
widget.setValue(beanContext.getValue());

2/ during SAVE as

widget      = currentContextWidget.lookupWidget('id');
beanContext = currentJXPathContext.getContext('@id');
beanContext.setValue(widget.getValue());

(above just gives the idea, actual api might be slightly different)

regards,
-marc=