Hi,

> unfortunately both stacktraces don't help to track down the
> error. The first one is without any Cocoon part. The second
> one can only happen if a RequestWrapper wraps a
> RequestWrapper wraps a ... and never an actual Request
> object. Posting more complete stacktraces might help - though
> they can get veeeeery long with StackOverflowErrors.

thanks for the attention. Indeed I did not want to provide the full
stacktrace.

Anyway, I resolved it. It appears I have to "root" my regular expression. So
the following works:

<!-- match "foo/list" or "foo/list.xml" or "foo/list.html" or ... -->
<map:match type="regexp" pattern="^foo/(.+)(\..+)?">
</map:match>

The key point is the caret ('^') at the start. Otherwise, "foo" is matched
just anywhere in the request URI. Within my matcher, I then prefixed the URI
with another string. However, now the regexp matched again, which caused an
endless recursion.

Kind regards,
Christian