On 06.07.2007 13:29, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

I also noticed some exceptions on running  (but only visible in log) ->
btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
[org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler]: class not found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler
btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
[org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler]: class not found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler
btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
[org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler]: class not found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler

is it something I have to worry about?

If it's only visible at DEBUG-level it probably is not harmful that much. I only wonder if class not found exceptions would not become a performance bottleneck but I'm not really sure. If someone is going to investigate a performance problems it is a thing to look at.

Spring comes with a spring.handlers file in spring-beans.jar/META-INF which holds the references to those files mentioned above. If other module jars like ejb and tx are not included the exception is thrown. That issue is only fixed on 2.1 branch of Spring:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-2813

Joerg