From the xml snippet it appears that you have missed out the sql: prefix

One of those infuriating 'can't see for looking' things perhaps

On 26/07/07, Michel Gutierrez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

There is certainly a stupid reason but i've spend a few hours to make
the SQLTransformer work without success. Hopefully someone will point me
out what i'm doing wrong.

I try to use the sql transformation but the xml goes through the
transformer sheet unchanged, the <sql:xxx> elements are not executed and
reach the serializer.

The source XML: sql-select-themes.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page>
        <execute-query xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2";>
                <query>SELECT nom FROM Theme</query>
        </execute-query>
</page>

The transformer declaration:
<map:transformer logger="sitemap.transformer.sql" name="sql"
        src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SQLTransformer"/>

The sitemap pipeline:
        <map:match pattern="themes">
                <map:generate type="file" src="sql-select-themes.xml"/>
                <map:transform type="sql">
                        <map:parameter name="use-connection"
value="fmshsql"/>
                </map:transform>
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
        </map:match>

I can see from the log that a SQLTransformer component is being
instantiated, but it does nothing and i get the exact
sql-select-themes.xml at the end of the pipeline.

I know my DB setup is ok, as i can access the SQL server using esql in a
serverpages generator.

Can someone let me know what my mistake is ?

Thanks,
Marie