Hi Andrew,

Thank for answers:

Here my answers to you're question:

1) Which jsp-engine implementation is specified in your cocoon.xconf, and how
is it configured?

In my cocoon.xconf I have (default installation):

<jsp-engine logger="core.jsp-engine">
    <parameter name="servlet-class"
value="org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet"/>
 </jsp-engine>

Following by this in comment:

<!--
  <jsp-engine logger="core.jsp-engine"
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.jsp.JSPEngineImplNamedDispatcherInclude">
    <parameter name="servlet-name" value="*.jsp"/>
    <parameter name="forward" value="false"/>
  </jsp-engine>
  -->

2) What exactly do you have in the JSP (It's generate with MyEclipse)?

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
    pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
<head>
<title>Test JSP</title>
</head>
 Hello World

After what you said, I eliminate the "<%@ page... "  line and I still get
"Not able to compile JSP classe" error

3) Is there anything else in the stack trace (or any nested exceptions) to
indicate why it can't compile (I don't have ClassNotFoundException)

I put the complete stack trace at the bottom of this email if you want to see

4) If you copy the JSP file into some other (non-Cocoon) web app and call it
directly, does it work?  yes

NB: I also bypass (put in comment) the following line in the cocoon web.xml:

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>Cocoon</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

With that, the jsp file are suppose to be manage directly by the jsp servlet in
the global web.xml in tomcat, but I still have the error !!

STACK TRACE:

at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:85)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:415)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:308)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)
        at
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:566)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:308)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.jsp.JSPEngineImpl.executeJSP(JSPEngineImpl.java:75)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ComponentProxyGenerator$ComponentInvocationHandler.invoke(ComponentProxyGenerator.java:143)
        at $Proxy19.executeJSP(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.cocoon.reading.JSPReader.generate(JSPReader.java:106)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processReader(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:900)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:473)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ReadNode.invoke(ReadNode.java:85)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:47)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MatchNode.invoke(MatchNode.java:108)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:69)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:143)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:69)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:93)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:235)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:177)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:253)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1154)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:228)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:216)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:634)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:445)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)