Lars Huttar pisze:
> Hello,
> We've been using Cocoon for a few years now. We've made lots of our own
> modifications to cocoon.xconf (and the top-level sitemap).
> Now whenever we want to update Cocoon, the changes to cocoon.xconf from
> the update are very difficult to merge with our own changes without
> breaking Cocoon.
>
> What is the recommended way to keep local configuration changes separate
> from changes in the distribution?
> Does the method described at
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocooninaction/14.html really work
> well?
> (using Ant and its XPatch task)

>From what you said I guess you are talking about Cocoon 2.1.x. Handling of
>configuration was one of
the most annoying weakness of 2.1.x that make me interested in 2.2 some really
long time ago.
Techniques that you refer to worked for me to some extent and they seem to be
the best options for
2.1.x.

Anyway, I strongly recommend taking a look at Cocoon 2.2 that is a major leap
when it comes to
modularization and configuration handling of applications based on Cocoon.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski