Reinhard Poetz wrote:
Hanne Moa wrote:
Per today, the tutorial at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1159_1_1.html
(http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g2/g1/1159.html in Daisy)
is rather deeply flawed.

Following the recipe by the letter, running "mvn jetty:run" at the end,
leads to jetty running but showing an empty page and an exception
complaining that there is no block for '/', or to be exact:

javax.servlet.ServletException: No block for /
...snip...
javax.servlet.ServletException: No block for /favicon.ico
...snip...

So... either some steps are missing from the tutorial, the steps have
changed, or there are errors in the versions that maven fetches.

Tell me what to do and I'll see if I can update the tutorial.

What was the URL that you tried: http://localhost:8888/ or http://localhost:8888/myBlock1/? Only the latter one will work because by default the Maven plugin mounts a block using its name.

see http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1362_1_1.html, the last paragraph.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair        [EMAIL PROTECTED]