Mansour wrote:
In Cocoon 2.2 the generate block contains a folder called COB-INF which I think stands for Cocoon Block, may be. However, what is this directory and where can I configure it's name?

Why would the root of the block be /COB-INF when referring to it in the sitemap <map:generate src="demo/welcome.xml"/> Then in the /META-INF/cocoon/spring/demo-application-context.xml file it becomes <bean id="demo" class="demo.MyBean" scope="singleton"> ?!!

I really don't understand this. I find it very confusing. Can someone help here?
I found what I was looking for here http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/1263_1_1.html

I 'll appreciate some comments about why is this structure for a block.

A Cocoon block may contain Java classes, component declerations (Avalon and Spring style) and Cocoon applications. The directory structure was derived from these needs because we had to make sure that everything has its own place:

  /COB-INF/**         The Cocoon application (sitemaps, templates, etc.)
  /META-INF/cocoon/** All configuration files
  /**                 Java classes and Java resources

And yes, COB-INF stands for COcoon block and the name was chosen in analogy to e.g. WEB-INF.

HTH

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair        [EMAIL PROTECTED]