Fra: Kjetil Kjernsmo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: on 27.02.2008 21:29
Til: users@cocoon.apache.org
Emne: Re: Cocoon, JX Temaplte and UTF-8

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 21:21:09 Martin Heiden wrote:
> MHA> It's vital that the UTF-8 encoding is kept, and Java String doesn't
> MHA> support that.
>
> AFAIK Java Strings are UTF-8 too. If you deal with different
> character sets, you've got to convert the data when constructing or
> outputting a string. Java assumes the platform standard encoding, if
> you don't specify another one.
>
> Did you try:
>
> byteArrayOutputStream.toString("UTF-8")?

Magnus is my colleague, sitting just beside me, and I'm not sure, but I think
he did just that. The funny thing is that it works well on my Linux box, but
not on his Windows box. I think he did investigate the standard encoding too,
are there other possible points of failure that might be windows-specific?

Kind regards

Kjetil Kjernsmo
--
Senior Knowledge Engineer
Direct: +47 6783 1136 | Mobile: +47 986 48 234

|  SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE  |

Computas AS  Vollsveien 9, PO Box 482, N-1327 Lysaker | Phone:+47 6783 1000 |
Fax:+47 6783 1001

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This message may contain confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail in error, do not use, copy or
distribute it. Do not open any attachments. Delete it immediately from
your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you
have done so. Thank you.

<<winmail.dat>>