Antonio

Does this mean that the patch is available in the version 2.1.10?

I have also come to the conclusion that this still does not help me.
What I need is some way to tell Cocoon to pass an empty string
(not "whitespace" per se) and not a NULL from an empty field:
that might require another patch e.g.

<fd:initial-value null="true"/> - default (current) behaviour
<fd:initial-value null="false"/> - overrides a null value from an
empty field with an empty string instead when processing values
returned from the form.

This option will (obviously) only be applicable to string-type fields.

Derek