Are you aware that pipelines can be nested?
http://solprovider.com/lenya/nesting

<map:match pattern="**">
   <map:match pattern="**/C/**">
      <!-- Pattern contains "/C/" -->
      <map:generate src="FoundC.xml"/>
      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>
   <!-- Pattern does not contain "C" -->
   <map:generate src="NoCFound.xml"/>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

Each piece of code must start with an Generator/Aggregator and end
with a Serializer (or call a Reader or Redirector.)  Think of
<map:serialize> as a return statement.

Is this the information you need?  Or did I miss the problem?

solprovider