Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
On Mar 25, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
Robin Wyles pisze:
Hi,

I have a servlet (eXist db) configured as a block using
blockServlet.xml, this works well - my other blocks are able to perform
DB operations using eXist's REST API through servlet services. But, is
there a way I can make my eXist block 'private', i.e. only available via
servlet services and not mounted to any publicly available path?

What about creating Spring AOP's advice on service() method? You could check there type of Request object and if it's non-SSF instance then you could return HTTP 405 (Method Not Allowed) status code
as response.

IMHO Robin's scenario is not unique and ability to declare 'internal' servlets should be a standard feature of SSF.

I agree with Vadim.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member, PMC Chair        [EMAIL PROTECTED]