Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
Luca Morandini pisze:

How would you do it using a "father" block for general forms/pages and "children" blocks for specialized forms/pages ?

Father/parent and child block is a really bad nomenclature. More appropriate is just admin block (the one described in point 1) and few admin-foo, admin-bar blocks that are *extensions* not *children* of admin block. They provide just extensions that admin block /aggregates/ the view but not the control (see below).

This nomenclature has been already discussed between me and Patrick, see[1].

Hmm... I understand, but the use of "super" in servlet-service.xml clouds the issue, doesn't it ?

PS. I've tried to discuss (evangelize) all sort of these things during last Cocoon GT but I failed miserably because of my weak preaching skill and lack of working demo. Back in September of 2007 that was just an idea in my head and even SSF lacked necessary features contrary to what we have now.

As soon as I have understood something I can help conjuring up some docs on it.

Regards,