Surely you are joking Dr Feynman! Apologies to the great man
http://www.gorgorat.com/

What about :-

SELECT person_id, age FROM persons  WHERE person_id between $id and $id +
1000

Alternatively, depending on which DBMS and to give you more flexibility put
your SQL in a stored proc and call that

SQL is a very powerful declarative set calculus. Don't underestimate it's
value ;-)