David Legg pisze:
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
Skipping test phase is not a good idea anymore and docs need an update (I've done it already). Anyway, this flag shouldn't make the build fail.

Would you believe it! I tried it without the -Dmaven.test.skip=true flag and it passed all the tests and completed the build :-)

I suspect that an artifact created as a result of the tests is a required dependency somewhere.

I've got exactly the same result as you. The missing dependency is included in
your previous mail:
Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-impl:test-jar:tests:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT

 Path to dependency:
       1) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-components:jar:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
       2) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-impl:test-jar:tests:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT

So cocoon-pipeline-components depend on cocoon-pipeline-impl:test-jar and
that's not a suprise:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
      <artifactId>cocoon-pipeline-impl</artifactId>
      <type>test-jar</type>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
(taken from pom.xml of cocoon-pipeline-components)

The crucial fragment is scope that declares this dependency as a "test" one so Maven should not try to obtain it when tests compiling and running is disabled.

I don't have an idea why it behaves differently. Maybe it's another bug in Maven that we have found here?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski