Thank you for your response Andre,

I left the default pipelines for internal-resource and extrenal-resource in my sitemap untouched, ok you are right. I copied my file and I tried the follwing:

href="cocoon://resource/external/style/style-main.css"
href="cocoon:/resource/external/style/style-main.css"
href="resource/external/style/style-main.css"
href="file//C:/.../resource/external/style/style-main.css"

The results stays the same. Is there anything else?

My pipeline for external-resources:

<map:pipeline id="external-resource">
<!-- Put matchers for external (accessible to the outside world, e.g. browser) resources here. More details: http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1345.html -->
     <map:match pattern="resource/external/**">
       <map:read src="resource/external/{1}"/>
     </map:match>
   </map:pipeline>

Andre Juffer schrieb:
Johannes,

the /resource/internal is meant for internal access only (check your sitemap) and is consequently not accessible from outside requests. The other location /resource/external is meant for external access (again check your sitemap.