This would be so much easier if I actually *knew* SQL :-)

Thanks, that worked.

Heather

-----Original Message-----
From: Boris Goldowsky [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 July 2008 18:14
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using replace() function with SQL Transformer

Have you tried putting an "as" clause in the SQL?
    SELECT COL1, COL2, REPLACE(COL3,'x','c') AS COL3, COL4 FROM
TABLE1 ...

Bng

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 17:50 +0100, Heather Rankin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using SQL Transformer how do I get the result from a function - e.g.
> replace() - to appear within a  specific <sql> tag in the XML results?
> E.g.
>
> I want:
>
> SELECT COL1, COL2, REPLACE(COL3,'x','c'), COL4 FROM TABLE1 ...
>
> to produce something like:
>
> <sql:rowset>
> <sql:row>
> <sql:col1>a</sql:col1>
> <sql:col2>b</sql:col2>
> <sql:col3>c</sql:col3>
> <sql:col4>d</sql:col4>
> </sql:row>
>
> But what I'm getting (on COL3) is something like:
>
> <sql:rowset>
> <sql:row>
> <sql:col1>a</sql:col1>
> <sql:col2>b</sql:col2>
> <sql:replace(COL3,'x','c')>...</sql:replace>
>
> Could I use <sql:out-parameter> here somehow?
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
stated.
reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.