Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
David Legg pisze:
Ken,
Thankyou very much, David. I can confirm that the spring-bean now does work properly.

Thanks for confirming that.

How do we report this to the developers?

Normally, you would open a new item in the bugs database (called JIRA) [1].

However, I've just looked at the latest version of that file in the SVN repository and it looks like it is fixed already. I think it is in the 'trunk' at this location: -

[svn trunk]\tools\archetypes\cocoon-22-archetype-block\src\main\resources\archetype-resources\src\main\resources\COB-INF\demo\spring-bean.jx.xml

 The code looks like this: -

 <demo>
   <module>${groupId}:${artifactId}</module>
   <spring>#{message}</spring>
 </demo>

I suspect though that getting this change incorporated into the wide world is a little more involved than just issuing a new release of Cocoon because someone has to upload the new version to the official maven site I think.

Unfortunately, it's not fixed in trunk. Take a look at the history of this file[1] and you will see that is has not changed for more than a year now.

The problem we see here is that archetype plug-in for Maven tries to find all expressions in files that it creates and tries to resolve these expressions to correct values. The good example is ${artifactId} expression that we see above. Archetype plug-in will resolve it to artifactId of the block that it prepares.

Unfortunately, #{message} is treated as an expressions too but it shouldn't. It's aimed at archetype plug-in but Cocoon's template generator.

According to this[2] page (archetype uses velocity) the fix should be easy: we need to escape "#" character using "\#" and everything should work just fine...

Anyhow... the main thing is it has been covered and at some point the corrected version will be available. In the meantime we can sit back; smug in the knowledge that we know the answer ;-)

As you see, there is a bug here so one should create a JIRA report. :-)

I'll try to fix this issue ASAP.

Argh...

Forgot to provide links:
[1] http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/cocoon/trunk/tools/archetypes/cocoon-22-archetype-block/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/src/main/resources/COB-INF/demo/spring-bean.jx.xml?view=log