I would like to configure Cocoon 2.1.11 so that every day (24 hrs), the cocoon.log is written to a new file (cocoon-2008-JUL-29.log) I tried configuring logkit.xconf to do this but it doesn't work. Because I didn't want to wait a full day to see if it worked, I changed the configuration to rotate every minute. It didn't work. It either kept a single file or two files but never anymore. I do not care about size.

I would have expected it to create:

cocoon-2008-JUL-29_12-01.log
cocoon-2008-JUL-29_12-02.log
cocoon-2008-JUL-29_12-03.log
cocoon-2008-JUL-29_12-04.log

    <!--+
         | <append> if set to 'true' will make cocoon append the events
         | to the existing file, if set to 'false' cocoon will override
         | the existing ones at every new start.
         +-->
     <append>true</append>
     <!--+
         | <rotation> allows you to rotate log files one they meet certain
         | criteria. If you uncomment the example below, the log files will
         | be rotated once they are a day old or bigger than 100 Mb.
         +-->
     <rotation type="unique" pattern="yyyy-MMM-dd_HH-mm" suffix=".log">
            <time>00:01:00</time>
     </rotation>

Is this a Cocoon bug or is my configuration incorrect? Is there a way to use log4j instead of LogKit?