Hi Heather,

You should certainly follow the tutorial on how to use catalogs to make the
XML Entity known to Cocoon. This worked for me with some large DTDs that I
needed to make available to Cocoon 2.1x.

On the related question of how to get an XML fragment into your sitemap you
could invoke a matcher in another block with cocoon://block/matcher but this
would need to be used as the src for a generator or as part of an
aggregation at the generator stage and the matcher would have to serialize
xml at the end of its pipeline.

Hope this helps,

Warrell