Hi Tak,

How should I install Cforms block into "getting-strat-app" environment? Should I generate "myBlock3" and copy cocoon-cforms-impl-1.1.0.jar (unzipped from the cform .zip file) into some directory and link all three blocks together?

There is a tutorial on the Cocoon website showing how to add a Cocoon form under Cocoon 2.2 [1]. It may be a tiny bit out of date but it should tell you what you want to know.

Just to recap; a Cocoon Block is nothing more than a jar file containing files in a certain expected directory structure. When you come to build a Cocoon application all you are doing is mixing the pre-built Cocoon Blocks that go with a certain release of Cocoon together with your own Cocoon blocks that get generated from your project's source and resource files.

There is no need to create 'myBlock3' as that has effectively already been done for you... that is what the cocoon-forms-impl jar file is.

All you have to do is tell Maven that your project depends on this jar by adding it to the dependency list in the pom.xml file and Maven will download it and install it into its own local repository ready to be added to the class path when you run your app.

Hope that makes it clearer.

Regards,
David Legg

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/forms/1.0/478_1_1.html