Hi Jose,

The way I do it is to have a stylesheet such as this :-

*<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>

<xsl:param name="ref"/>
<xsl:param name="user"/>
<xsl:param name="when"/>
<xsl:param name="notes"/>

<xsl:template match="page">

    <page xmlns:db="http://apache.org/cocoon/xmldb/1.0";>

        <db:query type="update" oid="changes" collection="appoint">
            <xu:modifications version="1.0" xmlns:xu="
http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate";>
                <xu:append select="/change">
                    <note ref="{$ref}" user="{$user}"
at="{$when}"><xsl:value-of select="$notes"/></note>
                </xu:append>
            </xu:modifications>
        </db:query>
    </page>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>*

which will 'update' the changes collection by 'appending' a new note element
with the attributes set to the parameter values once its output document is
passed through the xmldb transformer, as you propose.

I hope this is enough info to get you going:)

Regards,

Warrell

ps BTW - if anyone has a need for a seasoned Cocoon/HIPPO/Java developer I
will be available soon!