asif_zzz wrote:
> Hi Imran,
>
> First of all thanks for your reply..
> I've populated all the values to the selection list.
> Based on selected value ,i need to process the information in the DB
> and the i need to load the new values using ajax..
>
> I've tried on on change event handler..The selected value get stored in
> front end itself
> i cant receive the value to the backend..
>
> My binding will look like this.
>
> <fb:javascript id="customer" path="customerList" direction="load">
>         <fb:load-form>
>           var collection = jxpathPointer.getNode();
>           widget.setSelectionList(collection, "key", "val");
>         </fb:load-form>
> </fb:javascript>
> <fb:value id="customerSelectedId" path="customerId">
>       <fb:on-update>
>       <fb:set-attribute name="changed" value="true"/>
>       </fb:on-update>
> </fb:value>
>

> My definition part look like this
>
> <fd:field id="customer">
>          <fd:label><i18n:text>customer</i18n:text></fd:label>
>       <fd:datatype base="string"/>
>       <fd:selection-list/>
>       <fd:on-value-changed>
>               <fd:javascript>
>
> event.source.lookupWidget("../customerSelectedId").setValue(event.newValue);
>             </fd:javascript>
>       </fd:on-value-changed>
> </fd:field>
>
> <fd:field id="customerSelectedId" state="invisible">
>       <fd:datatype base="string"/>
> </fd:field>
>

> Regards
> Aashik

 i dont see u calling the backend anywhere ... there is a very good
example about changing a selectionlist using ajax within cocoon samples
.. there they are doing everyting using javascript .. u can see the
online demo at
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/carselector

for looking at the source checkout the 2.1 branche from the SVN .. you
will find all you need in there ..

Hope that helps