Here is the answer to my question in case somebody needs.

<fd:field id="myField">
   <fd:datatype base="double" >
       <fd:convertor type="plain"/>
   </fd:datatype>
</fd:field>

-fa

Fuat Akal wrote:
Hello all,

I receive a strange(?) behaviour when I enter non-digit characters into numeric fields. Assume that you define a field of double type as:

<fd:field id="myField">
           <fd:datatype base="double"/>
</fd:field>

When I enter a value like "123abc", the value of myField becomes 123. I would expect a validation error here though.

I could write my own validation script to check if the value is properly entered. Then, what is the point in defining the field as double. Anyhow. Is this a bug? If not, what is the easiest way to check if a proper value is entered into myField?

Kind Regards
Fuat