Christofer Dutz wrote:
Hi Luca,

Yes I have tried, them. Unfortunately they seem to use EVERY aspect of
Cocoon at the same time. No chance for me to find out which parts I really
need and which parts are optional.
I don’t want to start with a 200MB Cocoon installation, just because I want
to use about 20% of the libs.

The dependnecises of the cocoon-forms-block are:
1) cocoon-core: can you live without it ?
2) cocoon-ajax-impl: ok, this may be left out.
3) cocoon-flowscript-impl: no flow, no forms (well, you might skip this and use javaflow... I presume). 4) cocoon-expression-language-api: I cannot imagine any real-world webapp without JX templates.
5) cocoon-expression-language-impl: ditto.
6) cocoon-sitemap-impl: very much essential.

Therefore, I don't agree with your statement, unless you referred to the, admittedly large, Ajax stuff.

Hmm... just possibly, you might have been entangled between blocks and the overall webapp: if this is the case, try decomposing your app following the tutorials (especially "Deploying a Cocoon application") and you'll be fine.

Regards,