Another option is to use servlet filters [1] if you prefer to implement the access restriction in Java.

Alex

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/Filters.html

On Sep 10, 2009, at 8:47 , Thomas Markus wrote:

hi,

look at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#access

or use a matcher/selector in your sitemap

<map:select type="parameter">
   <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test"
value="{request:remoteAddr}" />
   <map:when test="127.0.0.1">
       <!-- actions for this ip -->
   </map:when>
   <map:otherwise>
       <!--  -->
   </map:otherwise>
</map:select>

regards
thomas

Peter Flynn schrieb:
Jeroen Reijn wrote:
Hi Peter,

have you also considered doing this with a webserver in front of your
cocoon application?

Yes, we currently front Tomcat with Apache httpd as a virtual host,
but it's at the top level, eg

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin pfl...@ucc.ie
   ProxyPreserveHost On
   ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
   ProxyPassReverse / ajp://localhost:8009/
   ServerName foobar.ucc.ie
   ErrorLog logs/foobar.ucc.ie-error_log
   CustomLog logs/foobar.ucc.ie-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

I can't seem to find any information about how to refine this so that
access to the specific URI for the feed gets checked, and all other
accesses get allowed, unless I create a separate VH for that feed only.

///Peter