Hi Robby,

your reasons are perfectly valid for a developer ! Yes, I want / need to have
experience with Spring /  Maven in my resume, too !

But the dilemma of cocoon to it's success : Having a missing critical web app
for millions of user running smoothly, you're not eager to make foundation
changes without a good reason. An 'Spring is cool' isn't a reason you can sell
to a management !

And the same with my OS projects : While being busy to implement some brand new
specs I don't give a damn about the resource management in use. I can do the
job with 2.1 !

As another guy already mentioned :

There is a substantial gap between developers and users !

The developers want to move on, the users want to habve it stable. But this
mustn't be a big problem. Thanks again to all the brilliant developers that did
a great job ! Yes, move on, focus for the next cool stuff. Now it's up to the
users of Cocoon to support the maintainance for some years and we can all go on
being happy ..

And a quite list mustn't be that bad : Maybe all the major bugs are solved ;-)

Greetings

Andreas