Hugh Sparks wrote:
> I haven't been able to run the cocoon-sample in the
> current Cocoon 3 trunk for several weeks.
> After "mvn clean install" the Reactor Summary shows
> success for every step.
>
> The stacktrace reported after "mvn jetty:run" in the
> cocoon-sample directory begins with:
>
>    java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> org.apache.cocoon.tools.rcl.springreloader.SynchronizedConfigureableWebApplicationContext.setId

> Today I purged my maven repository, re-checked out
> the trunk, cleaned up my classpath and generally tried
> everything I could think of to get it working.
>
> Do others have this problem? Is my environment somehow wrong?
> I'm using jdk1.6.0_16 and maven 2.2.1
>
> Thanks for any suggestions...

The problem is fixed in trunk. It's related with the Spring 3.0 upgrade.
Since the Cocoon Maven plugin is located in trunk, you have to build 2.2
first (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk). Or you wait for
the release (http://markmail.org/message/p3dqozgswocsojie).

Alternatively you can set the version of all referenced Spring
dependencies to 2.5.6 in your project POM.

--
Reinhard Pötz                        Founder & Managing Director, Indoqa

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  reinh...@apache.org