Steven Dolg schrieb:
Hugh Sparks schrieb:
Starting with the cocoon-sample-webapp as a model,
I'm trying to make this construct work:
webapp:
    index.html
    sitemap.xmap
    WEB-INF/
        applicationContext.xml
        log4j.xml
        web.xml
        lib/
applicationContext.xml: ...
  <bean id="c3demo" class="org.apache.cocoon.servlet.XMLSitemapServlet">
<servlet:context mount-path="" context-path="file://${webroot}"/ <file://$%7Bwebroot%7D%22/>>
  </bean>
web.xml:
  <listener>
<listener-class>org.springframework.web.util.WebAppRootListener</listener-class>
  </listener>
  <context-param>
    <param-name>webAppRootKey</param-name>
    <param-value>webroot</param-value>
  </context-param>
Maven compiles and packages the webapp without errors.
Jetty runs the webapp without errors, but visiting
localhost:8890 does not invoke the sitemap.
The log file contains:

    2010-05-26 19:30:30,125
    ERROR btpool0-1 org.apache.cocoon.servlet.XMLSitemapServlet -
    Can't initialize the RequestProcessor correctly.
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapBuilder$SitemapBuilderException:
    Can't build sitemap.
    Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: C
2010-05-26 19:31:28,718 ERROR btpool0-1
    org.apache.cocoon.servlet.XMLSitemapServlet -
    Cocoon can't process the request.
    java.lang.NullPointerException
I followed the execution into RequestProcessor.java where
it turns out the sitemapPath is null. It gets set by the
caller, lazyInitialize in XMLSitemapServlet via a call
to getInitParameter("sitemap-path") I didn't find this
parameter name anywhere else in the cocoon3 java sources
or xml files.
The old C2 SitemapServlet contained this expression: private static final String DEFAULT_SITEMAP_PATH = "/sitemap.xmap";
    if (sitemapPath == null) {
        sitemapPath = DEFAULT_SITEMAP_PATH;
    }
Inspired by that, I defined sitemap-path as an init-param
for XMLSitemapServlet in web.xml. I gave it the value "/sitemap.xmap"
But in the debugger, the result of getInitParam("sitemap-path")
in XMLSitemapServlet still came back null.
At this point I became sad, dazed, and confused. Any insights are appreciated.

Hi Hugh,

Try changing the context-path from

context-path="file://${webroot}"/ <file://$%7Bwebroot%7D%22/>>

context-path="file:///${webroot}"/ <file://$%7Bwebroot%7D%22/>>

Looks like my mail client tried to be too clever.
Should have read:
context-path="file:///${webroot}"

HTH,
Steven