From: Johan Cwiklinski <johan.cwiklin...@ajlsm.com>
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Sent: Thu, December 16, 2010 2:03:25 PM
Subject: Re: Too many open files

Hello,

Le 16/12/2010 13:58, Peter Flynn a écrit :
>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
>>     at java.net.Socket.createImpl(Socket.java:388)
>>     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:517)
>>     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
>>     at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
>>     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:394)
>
> In my ignorance of the internals of Cocoon and Tomcat and Java, is it
> running out of file handles when making a HTTP call?
>
> The server is lightly loaded, but each page does open a significant
> number of document()s: is there a setting that will increase the number
> of open files allowed?

We already have seen this issue on some cocoon applications ; most of
the time, that was due to intensive use of xpath "document" function
with. We observe that using saxon as xslt processor genrerally solved
that issue.

Most of these issues has been resolved for us doing that ; some are
always present but I did not have time to further investigate yet.

> Is there any way to get it to report *what* it was trying to open (the
> URI) when it failed?
>
> ///Peter

Hope that could help you.

Regards,