Thanks again, Andre!

Yes, i compiled everything when it worked, and as you said the package is in
the local repo. I've been trying to point Cocoon to that local version, and
also seem to be getting the correct download from the central repo (repo2),
but it can't find the POM:

[DEBUG] Using connector WagonRepositoryConnector with priority 0 for
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2
Downloading:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-validation-impl/1.0.0/cocoon-validation-impl-1.0.0.pom
[DEBUG] Reading resolution tracking file
/home/mbyrne/lsdb1/lsf/~/.m2/repository/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-validation-impl/1.0.0/cocoon-validation-impl-1.0.0.pom.lastUpdated
[DEBUG] Writing resolution tracking file
/home/mbyrne/lsdb1/lsf/~/.m2/repository/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-validation-impl/1.0.0/cocoon-validation-impl-1.0.0.pom.lastUpdated
[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-validation-impl:jar:1.0.0 is
missing, no dependency information available

.. and then fails:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project lsf: Could not resolve
dependencies for project com.mycompany:lsf:jar:1.0.0: Could not find
artifact org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-validation-impl:jar:1.0.0 in repo2 (
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal on project lsf: Could not resolve dependencies for project
com.mycompany:lsf:jar:1.0.0: Could not find artifact
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-validation-impl:jar:1.0.0 in repo2 (
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2)

To solve this, i've tried placing a POM i found for the validation block in
the local repo, but this hasn't worked.
I also have tried different mirror settings in ~/.m2/settings.xml, and
forcing repositories in the POM.

I'm stumped. It kills me that the validation-impl was working and is in my
local repo, but won't build. I feel like there's something basic about
getting Maven to find a dependecy i'm missing. On the other hand, i see
others have had to search for the (schema) Validation block as well.

Any more hints?

(Note: i posted a related question in the 'ValidationReportTransformer in
2.2' thread)

Cheers and thanks again,
- Myles Byrne
FIMM.fi