On 04/15/2011 11:48 PM, Holger Kreek wrote:

Luca:

I may have an old JDK.  Our university has an Oracle-based ERP
system that evolved and I see a tools.jar in an Oracle\9I\jdk\lib directory
which may be a left over.

According to the Java Control Panel, I also have a reference to a
Java runtime version 1.6.0_24 in \Program Files\Java\jres6\bin but
it has no tools.jar file.  I also have an empty
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04 which may be a result of
installing the 1.6 version.

Because the scripts are looking for a tools.jar file, do I need to
re-install the 1.5 version or can I get a tools.jar for the 1.6 version
of Java?

Tools.jar is included in the JDK, not in the JRE (these are two different download options); hence, my advice is to install the JDK (not JRE) 1.5 and change JAVA_HOME accordingly.

Regards,

Luca Morandini
http://www.lucamorandini.it