On 28/07/2011 00:32, Lars Huttar wrote:
Hello,

In the past (Cocoon 2.1) we used XSP pages for database queries to return results as XML for processing in Cocoon pipelines.

Looking toward the future with 2.2 and beyond, we saw that XSP pages were deprecated, so we started using SQL transformer instead.

With Cocoon 3.0, is the SQL transformer still part of the picture? (I don't see it among the samples.) Or is there something else that is recommended for grabbing data from a database as input to a pipeline?

Not as far as I know: anyway, nothing obstacles to add it in cocoon-optional or - better - in a separate module. Nowadays there are many choices (JPA, iBatis, ...) not available at the time of the SQL transformer...

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Apache Cocoon Committer and PMC Member