Hi Paul,

Cocoon can't be compiled in 32 or 64 bit as such; it's java so is compiled to platform-independent java byte code. The byte code is run on a jvm, an architecture-specific application, and if you're using a jvm with a "just-in-time" compiler that translates the byte code (or parts of it) to native machine code to increase performance then that will end up running 32 or 64 bit instructions. But it's all at runtime, nothing you can do about when building Cocoon.

Judging by the error message, you're trying to open a path ("C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program
Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\bin\tomcat-juli.jar;C:\Program
Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\webapps\array\webtask\cds\Test_request.xml")as a file, when obviously the string in
question is a list of 3 semi-colonseparated filenames.  Unsurprisingly, it complains at this "The filename,directory
name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" as I believe semicolonsaren't valid characters in windows filenames (and
unlikely to be found evenif they were).  My guess would be an error in whatever bit of your code orsitemap is supplying the
outputFile to the XMLFragmentBean, if you can sendthe relevant bit of code I may be able to be more
specific.Regards,Andy--http://original.justgiving.com/AndyStevens-Bikeathon2011Raising money for Leukaemia Research-----
Original Message -----From: "Paul Joseph" <pjos...@gmail.com>To: <users@cocoon.apache.org>Sent:
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:38 PMSubject: Tomcat 64 bit> Hi there,>> I am using a Cocoon jar (Version 2.11) file
compiled on a 32 bit XP in a64 bit Tomcat (Version: 7.0.22 ) and using Java 64 bit(jre
-6u24-windows-x64)>> It runs against a 32 bit Postgresql database (V8.4).>> It all seems to work well unless I call some special
functionality in theflowscript that has to create a file on disk.  It then fails with the errorshown below:>> Question: do I need to
recompile cocoon in 64 bit--is that the cause ofthis error?>> Paul>>>  java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Apache
SoftwareFoundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\Program Files\ApacheSoftware
Foundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\bin\tomcat-juli.jar;C:\ProgramFiles\Apache
SoftwareFoundation\apache-tomcat-7.0.22\webapps\array\webtask\cds\Test_request.xml(The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
incorrect)>      at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)>      at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)>      at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)>      at java.io.FileWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)>
atorg.apache.cocoon.ojb.samples.bean.XMLFragmentBean.generate
Fragment(XMLFragmentBean.java:23)>>> The call at line 23 of XMLFragmentBean.generateFrament
is:BufferedWriter out = new BufferedWriter(new FileWriter(outputFile));>>>