Have you tried:

<map:parameter name="creatorId" value="{1}" />

Robby

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Juffer [mailto:ajuf...@cc.oulu.fi]
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 11:57 AM
To: Cocoon Users
Subject: [ cocoon3 ] map parameters

Hi,

I have the following pipeline in a sitemap of some block. This pipeline
is called by other blocks, that have components in place to upload
images. They subsequently connect to the image block to store it in an
image database.

The pipeline uses a self made Generator, that requires two parameters
('creatorId' and 'filename').

<map:match pattern="create/image/creator/*">
   <map:generate type="new-image">
     <map:parameter name="creatorId" value="{map:1}" />
     <map:parameter name="filename"
                    value= {jexl:cocoon.request.filename}" />
   </map:generate>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

Other blocks call this pipeline with a request like

http://localhost:8888/img/create/image/creator/3276800?filename=/tmp/3276800-tribc-eap-areal-view.jpg

The value of 'creatorId' is always null, although it should have been
'3276800'. The value of 'filename' is OK.

Looking through the sitemap of the sample application, I did not find a
case like the one above:

<map:parameter name="creatorId" value="{map:1}" />

My question: Is it possible to create parameter values from the request
itself (that is, other than using request parameters)?

I can of course modify the request such that the creatorId is also
regular request parameter, but I would like to have an answer to this
question.

Thanks.

Department of Biochemistry   | Email: andre.juf...@oulu.fi