Thank you Francesco for your reply. That clarified my Cocoon upgrade path
plan for the future.
I will be looking forward to seeing C3 beta released :)

I must say that you guys are doing a really great job with Cocoon. I didnt
find any other lightweight
XML/RESTful engine that is so flexible and easy to develop on.
jBoss 7 Community Edition is also in our consideration as an OSGi-based
very lightweight/modular Web Services engine and has really small footprint
but it still cannot beat C3 in terms of declarative way of handling XML
chain processing.
We tried also Apache Camel / CXF as another possible candidate to meet our
goals, but it
lacks some features. C3 looks like the best one.

We live in times when there is a tremendous pressure to deliver short-term
results/fixes and the price of introducing a new change must be very low.
In my opinion C3 fits that like anything else.
Thank you and please carry on with developing that wonderful piece of
software. I hope to see OSGi support soon :)

Greetings,
Greg