Hi.

We have some projects in apache cocoon within a Tomcat environment.
Every project has the same problem:

A sequence of rapid clicks on a link to some pages (containing queries) makes cocoon hang, and it doesn't
respond anymore until the application is restarted.

If I navigate on some other pages not managed by cocoon everything works fine. The DB is ok and does not
have pending processes.

Tipical environment is as follows:
os : Debian squeeze
web server : nginx 1.2.0
container : Apache Tomcat Server 6.0.28
framework : Apache Cocoon 2.1.11 (latest stable)
connector : mysql-connector-java-5.0.6-bin.jar
db : mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.61, for debian-linux-gnu (i486)
jvm starting options:
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/var/lib/tomcat6/conf/logging.properties
-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx128m
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/share/tomcat6/endorsed -classpath /usr/share/tomcat6/bin/bootstrap.jar
-Dcatalina.base=/var/lib/tomcat6 -Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/tomcat6
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/lib/tomcat6/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

I even tried without nginx, but nothing changed. Even adding some parameters to JAVA_OPTS
as suggested in similar mails from your archive didn't work
(ref.: http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg24091.html).

Cocoon is logging the requests till they have success, but when it hangs it's not logging anymore. The only thing is telling me something is jdb, and i see that requests threads hang,
remaining active/suspended forever for no reason.

We (lately) discovered this bug: it's only in a Tomcat environment. In a Jetty environment all is working fine. As Tomcat could be our stable choice (for a lot of reasons), we would solve this problem without changing
Java server.

Thanks.

--
Michele Zanarotti
T. +39 0498802466 - M.

GRUPPO 4 s.r.l.
Via Carducci, 26 - 35123 Padova - ITALY
T. +39 0498802466 - F. +39 0498808951
www.gruppo4.it

Questa mail, compresi i file allegati, è diretta esclusivamente ai destinatari
e può contenere informazioni confidenziali. Se questa mail viene ricevuta per
errore, vi informiamo che qualsiasi modifica, alterazione, stampa, copia o
trasmissione del messaggio o dei file è proibita e illegale. Vi preghiamo di
notificare l'errore rimandandoci questa mail ed eliminando il messaggio ed il
suo contenuto immediatamente.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use
of the intended recipients and may contain confidential information. If it
appears (from the subject matter or address information or otherwise) that you
received this email in error, please note that any review, dissemination,
disclosure, alteration, printing, copying or transmission of this e-mail or any
file transmitted with it is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please notify us by
return email and delete this email and its contents immediately.