Thanks Francesco. It works perfectly! The only thing i had to add is cocoon
snapshot repository to pom.xml.

Now I wonder how (without blocks) I should use subsequent URI paths

like:
http://localhost:8888/mywebapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/test1/1.xml
http://localhost:8888/mywebapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/test1/test2/1.xml
http://localhost:8888/mywebapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/test1/test2/test3/1.xml

I would like to have a separate sitemap.xmap for each /test1, /test1/test2
and /test1/test2/test3 context ?
Is it possible WITHOUT blocks ?

In old Cocoon there was <map:mount ...> but in C3 it seems like its missing.

Greetings,
Greg