On 28/06/21 09:48, Vincent Neyt wrote:
Hi list,

I did a stupid thing, I posted to the user list without first subscribing, so
I'm sending my query again now that I am subscribed to the list. Sorry for the
inconvenience!

Since 2011 I've been using a build of Cocoon 2.1.11 (inside Tomcat 8) as the
publishing framework for my website. I've recently found out that Cocoon fails
to start up when the installed java version has an update number higher than
255. Things start up properly with Java SE Development Kit 8u255 and lower, but
fail to start up with Java SE Development Kit 8u256 and higher (for instance
the current Java SE Development Kit 8u291).

The error I get is

Initialization Problem: Scheduler with name 'Cocoon' already exists.

but it has cost me blood sweat and tears to find out that the underlying cause
is the Java update version number.

Is there a line in a file in my Cocoon 2.1.11 build that I could change to get
rid of this error?

Hi Vincent,
I am afraid I cannot be of much help here, not using Cocoon 2.1 since quite
some time.

Anyway, did you find anything more than just the line reported above? Any
stacktrace?

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò