Congrats on releasing Cocoon 2.3.0! Old School is still here! :)

Guys, why not upgrading Cocoon 3 to Spring 6 and Java 17? That would be a
major achievement!

We switched to Java 8 with old Cocoon 2.0.4 a long time ago without any
problems but it seems that the old/new Cocoon Classloader treats
Java8 compiled class files as Java 1.x (up to Java 1.5). Cocoon 2.0.x has
its own Java Compiler classes inside! Gorgeous!!
We can use Generics in XSP (I know xsp pages have been deprecated with
Cocoon 2.2.) but cannot use e.g. Lambdas. So even though we
use Java 8, the compiled classes are "recognized" as Java 1.0 (laugh here!)

If XSP could be back into Cocoon, that would remove any need for any other
View technology, like JSF, Mustache, Handlebars, Freemarker etc.
Of course it's rather a hobby today, because most Frontend developers
nowadays use React, Vue or Angular.
Anyway, somehow they realized SSR (Server-Side Rendering) is a must! (laugh
here!). And that is where XSP in Cocoon excels :)

Greetings,
Greg