Colin Adams schrieb:
So I found the thread in question (I think). the advice was to to
ALT-Fn too look for a X server that is working. But I just find plain
ttys.

I tried both before and after logging in to installer.

Colin, I don't think you need the installer for configuring your system. All of it can be done conveniently from the running system, most of it in /etc/rc.conf (see M.Neumann's mail e.g.).

The installer is not quite ready to be run from a running system nicely. I will work on this in some time. It's just not quite there yet.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx