From: users-err...@crater.dragonflybsd.org
[mailto:users-err...@crater.dragonflybsd.org] On Behalf Of Úlfar Ellenarson
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:35 PM
To: users@crater.dragonflybsd.org
Subject: cannot mount disk with hammer file system

Hi.

My first time posting on this list.   My problem in a nutshell is I installed
dragonfly bsd 2.8 in vmware workstation.  I reinstalled the host system that
vmware workstation was on and decided on using virtualbox.  I imported my
dragonfly bsd vmware workstatation vmdk files into virtualbox.  Upon boot in
virtualbox I run into the problem of mounting the disk.  I am prompted at the
boot prompt to detect the disk that the system resides on.  I have tried
hammer:ad0s1, hammer:ad0s1a, hammer:ad0s1d and just ad0s1.  I am however not
able to boot the system.  I have also booted from the live iso image and
mounted the system manually into /mnt using mount_hammer /dev/ad0s1a /mnt and
took a screenshot of /etc/fstab.  I however ask if there is a simple way to fix
my mount problem.  Any information needed in regards to solving this problem
will be gladly appended.

kær kveðju/kind regards,

Úlfar Ellenarson
SAP ráðgjafi / SAP Consultant