On Jun 5, 2008, at 5:09 PM, Manolescu, Radu (IT) wrote:

This was due to a firewall issue. By adding proxy information to the
wsdl2java command line, I was able to move on to more challenging error
messages:

java -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myProxy.myCompany.com
-DproxyPort=myPort org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJava -d ..
FileName.wsdl

Now I am battling "body part" errors such as:

In a port, operations must have unique operation signaure on the wire
for successful dispatch.
In port {http://www.myCo.com/wsdl/2007-06/abcd/efgh}HttpEndPoint,
Operations
"{http://www.myCo.com/wsdl/2007-06/abcd/efgh}Op1"; and
"{http://www.myCo.com/wsdl/2007-06/abcd/efgh}Op2";
have the same request body block
{http://www.myCo.com/schema/2007-06/abcd/ews/message}RequestMessage

I assume that we need to contact the web service provider and ask them
to modify the WSDL to have unique signatures for each operation.

Yea.   Most likely.

I've thought about loosening this a little bit, just haven't had time. Right now, we don't check the SOAPAction stuff when we spit out that error. In theory, if the soapactions are unique, we can dispatch on it instead of the element name in the body. The runtime already supports doing that, but the tooling doesn't take that into account as it strictly evaluates the rules from the WSI-BP compliance stuff. Doing so would require digging into the binding a bit though instead of just looking at the logical structures. Not a huge deal, but it would require a little bit of work.

Dan

Thanks,

Radu Manolescu
Morgan Stanley | Technology
2000 Westchester Ave, 1st Floor | Purchase, NY  10577
Phone: +1 914 225-5871
Mobile: +1 203 648-6964
[EMAIL PROTECTED]