Hi

Current JSON provider on the trunk works with a JAXBContext in tandem and it
can only acquire a JAXBContext
if XMLRootElement annotation is available. Once the patch I'm slowly working upon is commited, it will be able to acquire contexts if an ObjectFactory is available in a package and thus you'd be able to avoid annotating classes like AlertMsg. If you'd like to avoid dealing with JAXB at all then another alternative is to use Aegis and I'm considering adding a basic Aegis provider as well.

Trying to provide your own message provider can be a reasonable solution. Runtime won't always be able to do the (de)serialzation the way you expect (dur to a custom nature of a given type or due to the fact it's not capable of doing the given moment of time) and in such cases being able to provide your own provider is really handly

Cheers, Sergey

I got my CXF JAX-RS service going but the response is cryptic: No message body
writer found for response class : AlertMsg.

Browsing the archive, I found the solution, but it looks "roundabout". I don't like the need to annotate my response bean with JAXB stuff. An analogy is that Web Services (SOAP) do not require annotations/registration of writers of the response beans...why CXF/JAX-RS? Thanks...

   @GET
   @Path("/getAlertMsg/{aId}")
   @ProduceMime("application/json")
   public AlertMsg getAlertMsg(@PathParam("aId") String aId)

public class AlertMsg implements java.io.Serializable
{
  private String a;
  private String[] b;
}