This 2008-04-01 snapshot is all I have to work with here.  Is there
any way to get it to work with this code?

Chris W.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 5:13 PM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Bug CXF-830 closed, but I still have it.

Not really sure what would cause that.   That said, with CXF 2.1, you
don't need to configure in the SAAJInInterceptor.   The
WSS4JInInterceptor will automatically do that if needed.    I'm not
sure if that would change anything (it shouldn't).

Dan

On Jun 6, 2008, at 5:03 PM, Wolf, Chris (IT) wrote:

> I am trying to configured the out-of-the-box CXF security
> interceptors, but I am getting a NullPointerException:
>
> INFO: Interceptor has thrown exception, unwinding now
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>       at
> org.apache.cxf.staxutils.StaxUtils.readDocElements(StaxUtils.java:658)
>       at
> org
> .apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJInInterceptor.handleMessage(SAAJInI
> nterceptor.java:110)
>       at
> org
> .apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJInInterceptor.handleMessage(SAAJInI
> nterceptor.java:1)
>       at
> org
> .apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorC
> hain.java:220)
> [...]
>
> Here, I have no actions configured, so the processing should just be
> pass-through to validate my setup before trying to actually configure
> security.
>
>  <jaxws:endpoint
>        id="secadmin"
>        implementor="com.ms.ibd.svcscore.secadmin.SecAdminImpl"
>        wsdlLocation="WEB-INF/wsdl/secadmin.wsdl"
>        address="/secadmin">
>    <jaxws:features>
>      <bean class="org.apache.cxf.feature.LoggingFeature"/>
>    </jaxws:features>
>    <jaxws:inInterceptors>
>        <bean
> class="org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJInInterceptor"/>
>        <ref bean="wss4jInConfiguration"/>
>    </jaxws:inInterceptors>
>  </jaxws:endpoint>
>  <bean id="wss4jInConfiguration"
> class="org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor">
>    <!-- property name="properties">
>      <map>
>        <entry key="action" value="Timestamp"></entry>
>      </map>
>    </property-->
>  </bean>
>

> I found this problem logged as a bug, but closed with "won't fix".
>
> I looked at:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/ws-security.html
>
> and that doesn't offer troubleshooting advice.
>
> I am using a snapshot from April.
>

> Regards,
>
> Chris Wolf
>
> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.
> Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of
> this email is prohibited when received in error.

---
Daniel Kulp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.dankulp.com/blog