From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 7:38 PM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CXF with MINA

On Jun 11, 2008, at 5:59 AM, harbhanu wrote:

> I want to use CXF more of as a SOAP codec, wherein it sits on top of
> a MINA
> based transport implementation. Please let me know what would be
> required to
> abstract out the SOAP codec and where would be the entry point for
> incoming
> SOAP messages ?

I guess it depends on really what you are trying to do.   Are you
still planning on it being SOAP/HTTP, but with MINA doing all the HTTP
stuff or are you thinking more along the lines of a custom "socket"
transport type thing?

Both have value, but depending on what you are trying to achieve, it
may be easier to subclass the existing HTTP things as a starting point
rather than starting from scratch as a whole new transport.

> Also, any information about adding another transport implementation
> for CXF
> would also help?

Oi...  this has been on my todo list forever.   We need a demo for
this.   :-(

There is a very little bit of starter information on the thread:
http://www.nabble.com/Writing-my-own-transport-to17088528.html#a17470770

Probably not really enough though.  :-(

The "Local" transport in CXF is probably the simplest to look at if
you want an example.   It's not very complex.

Dan

> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Harbhanu