Hi,

Is there any more documentation on this?  Or some examples?  Or is it as
simple as:

public void myMethod(String param1, String param2, @Context
SecurityContext sc) {
  ..
}

John Baker
--
Web SSO
IT Infrastructure

"Sergey Beryozkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
17/06/2008 16:04
Please respond to
users@cxf.apache.org

<users@cxf.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re:  Roles and permissions

Hi John

Try

@Context SecurityContext sc

as a parameter in your method

and then sc.isUsertInRole()...

The other option is to experiment with Acegi (Spring Security), as far as
applying permissions to individual methods - I haven't
tried myself. I think JAX-RS will support some explicit EE security
annotations too at some time

Cheers, Sergey

> Hello,
>
> Is there any way to use annotations to apply roles to methods in a
> Webservice or REST call?  I'd like to be able to configure an
application
> to let users within one group access a set of methods that another set
of
> users can not access.
>
> Is there a way to get the HttpRequest object from a method?
>
> Thanks,
>

> John Baker
> --
> Web SSO
> IT Infrastructure
> Deutsche Bank London

> ---

you are not the intended recipient (or have received this
> e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this
e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution
> of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
>
> Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for
additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

Registered Number: 171387

---