We see the mtom attachment being sent back from the server but the Source
object on the client returns a null InputStream.We are using cxf 2.1 and
as per the following discussion we see that   binding.setMTOMEnabled(true
); doesnt seem to work in 2.1.

http://www.nabble.com/MTOM-with-large-file-on-client-side-td17957893.html

Is this fixed in 2.1.1?

The code we use is as below.

            BindingProvider bp = (BindingProvider)port;
            SOAPBinding binding = (SOAPBinding) bp.getBinding();
            binding.setMTOMEnabled(true);
                Source result = port.exportProject(objectId);
            Stream streamSource.getInputStream()
                Source streamSource=(StreamSource)result;

thanks and regards,
Bharath